• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bulkhead divider brackets

ohiohmmwv

I've seen some of the bulkhead dividers for the hmmwv bed that have L shaped brackets sold with them. But then I've seen some pictures of the back of hmmwv's with the bulkhead appearing to slip down into these slotted brackets on each end of the bulkhead. Does anyone know what all is required to attach the bulkhead to the vehicle?

Pablo66

I'm just making some brackets out of angle iron (actually using aluminum, but angle aluminum just didn't sound right) two pieces on each side, with the bulkhead sandwiched between them
I'm planning on leaving enough space between them to install some weather stripping on the inside of the brackets to keep rattling noise to a minimum, and to seal out a small portion of the weather. I'm also putting in a strip of aluminum on the bed floor underneath the bulkhead, sealing the gaps underneath it, to give the bulkhead a flat surface to mate up to... (Again, an attempt at keeping at least some of our Oregon rain out of the cab.)

if anyone has any suggestions here I'd love to hear them... I really hate reinventing the wheel, and I haven't started making the brackets yet, so I'm not committed to the plan just yet.

Last edited:

Pablo66

I was the op in that thread... LoL, haven't been getting much done on the truck this winter... But I'm itching to get some progress done and get it driving again by spring.

I was able to pick up a bulkhead, but no brackets, so I'm planning on making my own.
Same concept though, the bulkhead will slide up and out.

turns out bales of hay sliding into the cab is more of a problem for me than deer..
(I got greedy and let the 3 point go in hopes of the 5 pointer showing up.... He has been mocking me all winter!)

Last edited:

metalman99

Did anyone take you up on the offer?? I was still planning on making my own, but I'd rather have an exact match. Unfortunately I don't have a set to send you.
Actually, yes I did. I was loaned an OEM set and made kits. There is a for sale thread on another forum, sorry I didn't post it here. The person that let me use their set was from that forum, so it happened over there.

Is it ok to post a link to another site / forum here?

DSCN2751.jpg

Last edited:

Pablo66

Thanks Metalman,
I think I remember this discussion on the G. I'm actually looking for the brackets for a sponson panel...
I'm still a noob, figuring out what all the parts correct names should be.
my hmmwv is a 4 man soft top, but I'm installing a sponson panel to keep stuff from sliding into the passenger compartment. (I have the coolest farm truck on the planet, but picking up a couple bales of hay can be interesting when things start to slide around back there)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks