• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumber steps

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Many of them were made locally and added to trucks as an "Authorized Field Modification" but later there was a add on step available that could be ordered through PLL channels.

There should be someone on here that can find the FSN for the kit......it was probably featured in PM Magazine which was a military publication distributed to all units that were authorized vehicles.

There may still be some kits in the Federal supply system but getting one from one of the "usual suspects" surplus dealers might be possible.

If you have the skills and equipment it would be easy to fab one from flat stock and some brackets. You would have to drill the bottom flange on the bumper to install one the correct way.

KsM715

I've only seen the folding ones on the 5tons in the GL yards and on trucks on Ft Riley, never on the deuces. I just figured they were standard on some 5tons and civy owners were swapping them over to the deuces.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never liked the ones that were folding, they cost a lot of money and they looked kinda silly to me, too low to the ground. They are NOT recommended if you do any serious offroading, I've seen a few get folded left/right and bent to **** from hitting berms or rocks, with their price it just seemed like a waste to me.

I liked the tailgate steps mounted on the front bumper as bumper steps. They weren't as low to the ground as the folding ones, but they were solid, and cheap. If I bent one or two offroading, they could be replaced without too much $$$.

M813A1

I fabricated one from a 18" piece of 1/4" flat stock and drilled 2 holes and get 2 pieces of 3/8" chain with 4 links on each welded the links to the underside of the umper and boltedthe 2 links to the flat stock I bent and drilled 2 holes and WHAM !!! Bumper step with flexible ends so it will not get crushed or hooked on anything !! Works for me !!

paradeduty

These are very much like the ones on the original HEMTT Cab Steps. For what they are, they work pretty good. They just have a tendency to "push under" when you are trying to pull yourself up onto/into the truck (I think the reason they changed them on the later HEMTT's). But their simplicity is great and the nice thing is that they will "instictively" hang in the same way as installed, will bend in any direction if hit, and cable is stiff enough to not "rattle around" and hit things (like chain might) as we bounce down the trail/road. Just some thoughts - Dave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks