• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper Letter Height

WarrenD

I'm looking for how tall the bumper numbers should be for a M37 in Vietnam. Front bumper and rear bumperettes as I'm sure what will fit on the front won't fit on the rear. I'll be ordering stencils soon and would like to get it right the first time.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about 'Nam but 2" is about what we use now. Again, not sure about Nam but the lettering now is not the same from unit to unit. Everybody it a little bit different in regards to size, font and quality. I'm sure that didnt help much at all.

AN/GRC-46

TB 746-93-1 does not specify the size of the Unit (Bumper) Markings, only that they be the largest size practical, no larger than the Registration (Hood) Numbers (which are "3") and that they be applied preferably with vinyl lettering or gasoline-soluable paint.

I think I read somewhere that the letters should be half the height of the bumper and must be centered vertically on the bumper. In the end, these markings were applied at unit level at the discretion of the unit commander and therefore can be just about anything. There is no ""proper" way to do it. Just do whatever you think looks good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks