• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper mounted vise

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hell, I can't find the album and when I clicked the link he posted, says i'm not authorized. Bjorn, thanks for posting the pic for me!

Dieselsmoke

Dunno what the heck guys, I tried LOL. Bjorn, how the heck were you able t link that from the photos into the post???

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty basic, actually, just copied it to my "picture publisher" (p/o my scanner program), changed the size and attached it to my post.
Something IS going on with the photo album, sometimes I can't find my own album. Mike will be busy as it is moving the site to a new server etc, but there are still some bugs to wipe out.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So would that plate be the same for 2.5 & 5 ton? I think so.....

So who has a NSN?

mangus580

Got dimensions of the holes? or send maybe a pencil rubbing to me? I can draw up a print for everyone if I have something to work with....

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dieselsmoke said:
If you look in my photos I took a pic of the vise mounting plate that I finally found. This is the same one that's on my buddys wreckers. I'll get a pic of the ones mounted on his wrecker but that won't be until around April/May when the snow melts at his place.
Did you ever get to shoot some pics of your buddy's wrecker and it's plate? I saw the plate by itself (the one that looked NOS), I'd like to see one installed. I would kind of like to mount a vise to mine, I could have used it today.

Here are a couple I saw recently, not great pics, can't tell if they are homemade or not.

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The vise mounting plate for the M543 and M816 is a genuine factory made part. I found the rear of bed mounting of the vise on my M62 inconvenient, and moved it to the bumper - I also installed the vise off of a M88 - it is "substantial".

DD

Gamagoat1

I have a foctory mount off of a M543a2 should anyone be interested in it. It has a couple of extra holes torched in it but could easily be fixed. It's buried under 4 feet of snow at present

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a standard sized vise that is used? Do the vises have an NSN, or do they buy whatever they need locally? I remember seeing 5-ton wreckers with GIGANTIC vises on the front, that one above on the deuce looks pipsqueek compared to it.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This one looks "real"

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike, I'd be interested in that plate when the ground thaws. Probably cost a fortune to ship unless it fits in a flat rate box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks