• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper / Tow hook height?

Jersey 93 Ty

I've been able to find plenty of dimensions in the various TM's, but the one I haven't found anywhere is the stock height of the bumper and specifically the tow hooks. I've read repeatedly that towbars should be as level as possible, so I need to figure out how much of a drop or rise I need for my Civvy truck's hitch.

Heck, maybe I'll be lucky and get to drive both of my M1009's home, but I've got way too much Irish heritage in me to believe that Mr. Murphy won't show up at least once. Thanks in advance for the help.

mangus580

What would your intended tow vehicle be? I have towed my 1009 with my deuce... just fine. I have towed civvy blazers with civvy pickups... just fine.

Towing a 1009 via towbar, I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Jersey 93 Ty

If I can't borrow someone else's truck... I'll be forced to use my GMC Canyon, which is definately undersized for the job. Luckily I won't be going all that far from either Picatinny or Lakehurst to the M1009's temporary homes. I'm hoping to borrow a full sized pickup for the adventure though... possibly my office's F-250.

mangus580

You will do fine with a full size like an F250.

Not sure I would suggest the Canyon.... but taking it slow an easy for a short distance (like 15 miles) I am sure its 'possible'.

Either way, the height you are looking for shouldnt matter.

hobie237

If you feel like coming down here to measure, feel free. If you don't, I *might* be up in Chester, NJ to see my girlfriend for New Years, if it can wait. Otherwise, you could make an appointment to preview one of the trucks over at Picatinny, and bring a tape measure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks