• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumperette Repair

M-37Bruce

My Driver's side Bumperette was torn, I'm guessing from pulling stumps in another life (not mine) I almost replaced it. I have gotten a handle on the welding, figured I could do it after my last foray in Weldorville. (Slave Cable panel repair)

Turned out OK, I ground out the tear in a "v" shape, used a 6013 stick, tap, tap started a puddle, it worked like a charm. I used a copper heat sink (sp) as a sort of dam to stop the puddle from thru the tear.
I then ground down the inside & outside.

Attachments

Last edited:

Orionspath

Real nice job Bruce! I hope my bumper turns out half as nice....
I have to do the same on my '88. Cousin was backing up am M105 trailer and jack knifed it applying pressure to the Right Rear Bumper. Split right down the left elevation. He being a sculpter advised he could weld it with a nickle stick. I said, why don't we just tak the one off your '69? He said the paint wouldn't match! Ha! I figured it would be okay, besides, might give me the opportunity to stick and puddle jump! I'll post some pics once we get started.

M-37Bruce

I see a leather welder's apron in addition to the white one, in your future!
Hey Larry,
I have a welders blanket so far, I have many spent white aprons that go in the dust bin when I'm through with 'em. I guess the apron is a natural progression? :wink:

Hey gimpyrobb,
I would never jump out of a perfectly airplane, and subs, hah, I'm a boat person!
I just got my materials mixed/fluxered, I guess & I would gotten a tutorial first? :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks