• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burping the cooling system...

mhb285

I'm in the process of changing out ALL the hoses in the cooling system & flushing it out as per Bjorn's instruction's in MV Mag.
Do I need to "Burp" the cooling system to get all the air out of the knooks and crannies?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks
Mike

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Refill at a high point, then run the engine until the t-stat opens (180-195F) to circulate the coolant thru the radiator. Now fill the radiator as needed since it will drop some if there were air pockets in the engine. At least that is what I would do and have done....
Bjorn

Jones

Mine has a plug in the top of the thermostat housing. If yours does too, break it loose a couple of turns and you should get coolant past the threads when all the air is gone.

mhb285

Got all the hoses changed out today, except the 2 feeding out of the water jacket on the top right side. Anyone know what size they are. I have a piece of 1 1/2" id hose I was going to use for these two but they are a little larger than 1 1/2".....
Anyone know what the petcock on the oil cooler is for? Is it to "burp" the air out of the cooler?
I've got one more flush to go thru on the cooling system before adding the coolant.
I'm adding a NAPA coolant filter to my system to my truck. I've got the output petcock installed on the top engine side, no problem. But, the pipe plug for the return doesn't want to break loose. Any sugestions.

I'm freaking beat!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks