• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Busted oil line at the injection pump

shannondeese

Today was a great day at work. We got to the job site in my buddies Deuce, shut it down and noticed a massive oil leak. The fitting under the injection pump for the oil supply was cracked. So I called my son to grab some tools and my spare pump and bring it all to me. Now getting that fitting out is impossible without it hitting the front of the housing and messing up the fitting. Its out now though. To get the new one in I went to ACE and got a male to male 1/8 NPT brass fitting, and a 1/8 NPT female to female fitting. All to space the replacement T fitting away from the pump. So I can put it all back together without taking the pump off. The threads in the pump are just a little boogerd up so I had to grab a tap from the house. Which meant leaving his deuce on site over night. Not what I wanted to do but it was late and its pretty secure where its sitting. I will post some pictures tomorrow when I get it running again. If the spacer idea doesn't work does anyone have any ideas.

M-1028

I replaced mine with a braided stainless steel line with a 45 degree fitting on one end, much easier to work with than the factory line.

shannondeese

Today I ended up going to NAPA and getting an 8 inch oil line with a male and female end. I put a male to male straight fitting in the pump housing and screwed the female end of the hose to it. I used a female to female adapter on the other end and screwed to stock t fitting to it. Bent the hose back up and attached the oil feed line and out line to it. It worked like a charm and was pretty easy to do. Way easier than pulling the injection pump out.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpyrobb was peddling these lines a while back. Don't recall of they were stock or improved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks