• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buy M35 A2 in Germany

matjor

Hello soldiers;-)

my name is Mathew, I live in Germany - Saxony.

I want to buy a Reo M35 A2. There is a firetruck of 1971 with body (shelter).

I would like to ask you something: after the engine is turned off, you hear like oil drips back into the tub. This sounds like "blopp" "blopp" "blopp" for a long time. Is this normal?
The air pressure tank is also off shortly after the engine empty. Is this correct?

In a few years I would like to do a spiritual journey with the Reo ;-). I know he uses a lot is loud and hard to use. But I fell in love with his character and would like to meet him as well ;-). Would you still describe as the Reo reliable?

Please excuse my bad English, unfortunately I found no one else who is familiar with the Reo.

Thank you for your efforts. I am looking forward to your answers.

Best regards
mathias

Akicita

Matthew,
It is normal for oil to drip back into the pan.

Air pressure should hold for more than just a few minutes, actually it should hold for more than just a few hours. Check if any valves are left open. There's a valve on each tank, a valve under the glove box inside the cab on the passenger side, and two valves for the trailer in the back. If you find all of those valves are completely closed, then you have to look for a loose line, or a perforated line. The truck you're looking at is 40 years old. We don't know how old those air lines are. If the truck you're talking about does not hold air for hours, you have a serious problem that needs your immediate attention.

I don't know what you mean by a "spiritual journey". The truck is loud, uncomfortable, and very fuel thirsty. Considering the price you pay for diesel in Germany, I probably wouldn't want to go as far as the end of my driveway but you decide for yourself. If I were you, I would be most concerned with finding help on any trip I take over there. Where will you find parts, or a knowledgable mechanic when you break down ? Where will you park that truck when you visit places in town ?

I have never been to Leipzig but I remember some really narrow streets in other parts of Germany. I probably could not even have turned into some of them with a Deuce.

I wish you good luck.

knissen

Hi, Greatings from Denmark. I have several deuces - and I would say thet are very reliable, considering the age, if you maintain them well.
For german contacts, I would urge you to visit www.m201.de - Einar has a forum, buy ans sell section, and a webshop with parts for the M35.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks