• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying a jeep with a bill of sale and titleing it in VA.

army inc

Hey Guys,
I know it's different in different states, but I was just wondering if anyone in Virginia has bought a Jeep, with just a bill of sale, and then titled it in Virginia. How hard was it? If it's a parts jeep, then I won't title it, but from what the gentleman says, it runs, so it may not be a parts jeep. It all depends. Any experiences?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think your best bet is to ask the folks at your DMV and get a direct opinion from the folks that are going to tag/title the vehicle.

It's perfectly OK in GA for vehicles below a certain year model but that dosen't mean squat in VA.:beer:

L1A1

As Papabear posted, the VaDMV will have the answers for you. It's been a couple of years since my last encounter with them but from what a former DMV agent told me, they're starting to close all those loop holes in the code that allowd people to come in with only a hand written bill of sale and walk out with a title (used to do it all the time).

You may need the services of a titling company (that's what I had to do with my ferret & M37) A storage or mechanic's lein may also be an option. ' Know of a M151A2 owner in Va who did that.

Good Luck,
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks