• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buying a jeep with a bill of sale and titleing it in VA.

army inc

Hey Guys,
I know it's different in different states, but I was just wondering if anyone in Virginia has bought a Jeep, with just a bill of sale, and then titled it in Virginia. How hard was it? If it's a parts jeep, then I won't title it, but from what the gentleman says, it runs, so it may not be a parts jeep. It all depends. Any experiences?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think your best bet is to ask the folks at your DMV and get a direct opinion from the folks that are going to tag/title the vehicle.

It's perfectly OK in GA for vehicles below a certain year model but that dosen't mean squat in VA.:beer:

L1A1

As Papabear posted, the VaDMV will have the answers for you. It's been a couple of years since my last encounter with them but from what a former DMV agent told me, they're starting to close all those loop holes in the code that allowd people to come in with only a hand written bill of sale and walk out with a title (used to do it all the time).

You may need the services of a titling company (that's what I had to do with my ferret & M37) A storage or mechanic's lein may also be an option. ' Know of a M151A2 owner in Va who did that.

Good Luck,
Matt