• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a New HMMWV

jpinst

I had a deposit on a new HMMWV for many months from a guy in SO Cal who essentially takes old parts and new parts, and puts them together on a recovered frame and makes new HMMWV's. However, after many delays and waiting 10 months, he's got new problems and the deal falls through. He wants to return the money...

I don't really understand WTF is going on, but I do know that, I just want a rebuilt HMMWV with the strengthened frame and extended radiator/nose and 6.5 turbo. Does anybody know of anyone else doing such restoration/rebuilds. He surely can't be the only one.

If you have any ideas/contacts, please pass them along.

nattieleather

I'm not an expert, but have you tried Kascar Reall 4WD. He sells parts etc and he advertises that he has HMMWV for sale, but the link on his website doesn't seem to work. Probably would have to call them. He might be able to put something together for you, but I have no idea what it would cost. More than I have... :) Good luck in your search.

moleary

So... I'm a bit confused, are you looking for a HMMWV to do the work on now yourself (or have done), or do you strictly need to find one where the work is complete.

<---- The M1026 in my avatar block is mine :)

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any part solely for used for the HMMWV Kascar will not sell. A part used on both the Hummer and the HMMWV they will sell to civilians. Here is a quote on thier web page real4wd.com

NOTICE!... KASCAR® will sell military parts to military customers ONLY!

jpinst

Can paint it and do some minor work, but I was a totally rebuilt HMMWV, with ECV kit, and extended radiator, 6.5 turbo and reinforced shock towers. Preferable on a 2001 or later frame. I have an 1025 now that I am thinking of trading for something else, instead of destroying it with all the mods I just mentioned as its all original with matching numbers. SOmething built with nerw and NOS parts on a used frame is preferable. Thanks in advance.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you have a LARGE bucket of cash you can try Clark Trucks. They don't have anything cheap though.
Clark has gotten better on pricing over the last year. I bought a bunch of 939-series parts off of them for my current project and they are really trying to become competitive. They were even price matching. They were running a special for $28k for a basic HMMWV. I'm sure the sky is the limit from there.

So, what was that guy in Cali going to charge you for a fully optioned HMMWV?

Ryanhooker

Hey, you can call kascar. they do sell some parts to civi's. Try going through the ebay page. They have many listings. There a m1044 on there last time i checked for sale

Spin

Can paint it and do some minor work, but I was a totally rebuilt HMMWV, with ECV kit, and extended radiator, 6.5 turbo and reinforced shock towers. Preferable on a 2001 or later frame. I have an 1025 now that I am thinking of trading for something else, instead of destroying it with all the mods I just mentioned as its all original with matching numbers. SOmething built with nerw and NOS parts on a used frame is preferable. Thanks in advance.
What do you want for the 1025?

There must be a real misunderstanding about Kascar. I call Mike all the time, and just yesterday I bought some valve stems because I was in a need of them quick. They sell to me all the time. If you’re looking to buy a HMMWV just go to ebay or G503 they have a few. Kascar has just about all you would ever need for a HMMWV, but at a higher cost. Check with Beltfed, “Austin aviation” on ebay he has everything you could dream of that you might need. I just bought a few things from him as well.

Robert

jpinst

I want $52K for the 1025. Its all original, man, many upgrades, radios, comms, and many new and NOS parts. Its really a nice truck, just not what I want right now. It runs perfect with $20k original miles.

That said, what kind of HMMWV are you going to build for $60k? Is it a M998 with a new motor and ECV kit installed? How about heavy bumper, park potion, turret, body etc? Please explain in detail what it is going to be made of.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO you should buy an H1, Approx 98-99 year, Soft top, Strip it and convert it to a Mill Truck, You will already have the AC and many other Mods, I would do a 98. I know Juan in L.A. Does this....I say a soft top cuz you don't need to remove the old top. Austin on E-Bay did a real nice Job on his 93, Made it look real nice. The H1 was made on the same assembly line as Mil trucks.
I am not sure what the new obsession is with the extended Nose, I don't like it personally. I have a 98 Turbo Diesel Wagon and Yes the Turbo is Smooth, I liked the 6.5NA better, Espescially if you are going off road...Power band is more predictable....Thats my .02, I own 3 now and have owned 5...6.2's,6.5's and TD's.

Last edited:

Spin

Hey HummerGuy, can you send me some pics of the slant? I am interested in the paint job. Also the details on your dash, and wht you might have modded.
Thanks

Spin

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SPin
The Dash is stock, I did add radios, 24v to 12v converter and Overhead Cockpit lights I pulled out of a crashed UH1H Helicopter. The Paint is CARC, I decided to go full Green, If in the future I want to go back to 3 color CARC I have the base color.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks