• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying a T813

duncan

Last weekend I bought a 1974 Tatra 813. It was based in England near Hull and had to get it to my home in the Netherlands.

After going through all options, I decided to rent an artic and go pick it up myself. Let me justify :) It cost about 1600,- to get it shipped here, and I still needed to go over there mysel,f to do the paper work. Renting a truck + low flatbed trailer, diesel, and ferry to England worked out to about 1700,- plus I'd get a cool trip out of it.

Had a hell of a ride, 1800km return trip. Took the ferry from Dunkerque to Dover (and back ofcourse), drove straight to London (took the blackwall tunnel cause it's toll-free). The truck was a rental so I stopped as little as possible to be able to make it within 30 hrs.

It's a shame I couldn't make more pics. I came through London on the way back between 1600 and 1800, so was stuck in traffic most of the time. The looks I got were amazing, and I had some other truckers stop next to me for a little chat. Great fun!

Pics for your pleasure. Now to get it into shape and terrorize town!

Large versions (and more) of the pics to be found here: http://www.ladnet.org/~dunc/tatra/

Attachments

Duncan,

Sounds like you had a great adventure.
Looks like a very solid truck.
I look forward to following your getting it into proper shape, looks like you have a bit of work cut out.

Congratulations on a great recovery.

Warm Regards,
Rick

duncan

What are you gonna do with that? (I can't hear that question enough.)
Well I promised the missus I'd let her use it as shopping car, was the only way she'd let me buy it. Other than that I'll be attending rallies and truck festivals around the country, maybe go to some music festivals with my friends, stuff like that. ow, and terrorize the city, ofcourse :D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and a nice recovery Duncan. I think you were wise to rent the lowboy to haul it back, it is much easier to have problems with a "new" truck near home rather than on an 1800k road trip.
Those T813's are lovely looking trucks, and appropriately named Kolos! Enjoy and take lots of pics for us when you take it to shows (you may have already noticed we are picture junkies here:-D).

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks