• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying First M1008...

wafinley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plan is to take it to MVPA Conference in Cleveland in June. Trying to decide how to get it from Tucson to Cleveland. 2034 Miles is a long way at 60 mph :lol:

cucvrus

Then bump it up to 70 - 75. I do it everyday with a stock M1008 and it has an 8 FT Western snow plow on it. I drive I 81 & I 78 on a daily basis. Never hurt a thing. I have been doing it to the same truck for 20 years and 222K on it. I did replace the transmission 3 times and a couple of drive shafts. But that is a result of snow plowing/mud plowing not highway driving. Have a great day. And run the CUCV hard and service it harder.

cucvrus

Well that is a result of maintaining a 53 acre industrial complex that we are constantly towing forklifts out of mud and dragging 10-30 steel dumpsters around with the CUCV's. So when they get forklifts stuck in the mud. I pull them out with the CUCV and back drag the ruts with the snow plow. It just keeps the surface smooth and sets up the area for another forklift. And often when spring melt comes I am plowing mud and slush away from storm drains to keep the water flowing. Very nice and exceptionally hard on vehicles. Bigger vehicles are just to cumbersome to use in tight areas. Back hoe is a bit clumsy so I use the CUCV's and a 2015 GMC 2500 that di not fair well last year. I keep it nice and pretty for now.

Another Ahab

But that is a result of snow plowing/mud plowing not highway driving. Have a great day. And run the CUCV hard and service it harder.
Is that a Pennsylvania thing?!
It just keeps the surface smooth and sets up the area for another forklift. And often when spring melt comes I am plowing mud and slush away from storm drains to keep the water flowing.
I get it.

It reminds me of a song, that has NOTHING to do with CUCV'S or plowing.

"Hello MUDDER; Hello Fodder":

https://youtu.be/ZV-b-dQsf4k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks