• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying from GL - How To

Jakob

I know what to look for, what I need to take and a few tricks around the Deuce after getting my first one. I'm looking at another one, but I'm not sure how to go about bidding on the GL truck. Can someone make a short write up on it to make sure I don't screw anything and that me (and anyone else) has all their ducks in a row to smooth out the process.

poppop

Basicly register with GL. You will need to give them a credit card number they can check out. When you find one you want to bid on bid early, they will ask for credit card info. After that first bid you will be in the system so you can up your bid if you want. Other than that just be carefull and don't get caught up in a bidding war where you lose track on the amount you are bidding just to beat someone else.

nap159

if it is not meant to be it will appear very soon. don't be discouraged if you do not get your bid. another BETTER truck is out there!

roscoe

Just follow the instructions to setup an account. Be careful when bidding though and know what your getting. If you when you will then need to jump through many hoops. Then be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Just take your time and proceed with caution.

crazyplowboy

Try to stay away from bidding on 5 or 6 trucks hopeing everyone will bid on some of them and you might win one of them. I know a local guy who put lowball bids on seven trucks and was thinking he might het 1 or 2, he won 6 of them and has been trying to get rid of a couple to try to make some of his money back.

Jakob

I'm only bidding on one truck, it's what I really want and all the trucks there are going cheap so far. I'm registered, I just need to put in a bid! I thought I might have to do some odd paperwork the first time around or something.

nosliw

if you're bidding on the ones in frankfort and want to know a little more about any of them, PM me. i previewed them on Tuesday and took notes. :wink:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember that "Registering with GL" is NOT the same as the initial steps that you have to go through when submitting your first bid in a GL auction. Therefore, allow yourself time to complete this early in the auction - don't wait for the last minute to jump into the bidding on the truck you want. Otherwise, you may be delayed in submitting that last-minute bid beyond the Closing Time!!!

Also remember that GL is NOT like eBay.... Many bidders on eBay wait until the very last minute (or even the last SECOND) before an auction closes to submit their final bid. Often this results in a successful eBay bid slipping in and winning the auction. WARNING: GL IS DIFFERENT. When late GL bids are submitted they AUTOMATICALLY extend the auction close time by 15 MINUTES, allowing your competitors a chance to rebid and also extend the auction by yet ANOTHER 15 minutes. This can literally go on - over and over again - for HOURS!!!! Waiting until the last minute therefore IS NOT ADVANTAGEOUS with GL AUCTIONS.

Submitting your highest Auto-Bid is an option that will automatically bump competitor's overbids until your highest bid (your budget) is exceeded.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Jakob

Well, the truck is over my limit. I may try and grab another one though. I'm sure they are the ones in Frankfort. I've been waiting for some trucks to become available locally for a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks