• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying M1028, 50k or 150k miles?

NMerenda

you know how to check individual glow plugs? pull the wire off the plug, take a test light and put the clip end on the positive battery post, touch the tip of each plug and if it lights, you might have a good plug. if you can find 4 or 5 good plugs , jump the relay on the firewall for 5 seconds. truck might just start. i would not pull any plugs on sight, do it when you get home. after you get it started , check the other things i mentioned. good luck!! take a look at the truck i just bought from the texas forest service. thanks. mark
Thanks for the advice. Is the truck you just bought your avatar?

rickf

If it is set up through the step down resistor on the firewall and you jump the relay with only five good plugs you will have zero good plugs real fast! If you want to try jumping them I would disconnect the two large wires going to the plugs and jump directly to them with one battery, 12 volts. Remember AC11's are not continuous plugs so do not leave them hooked up. If you jump them through the relay hooked up in the stock form and you have several bad plugs you will get more than 12 volts into the good ones. POOF.

markg

If it is set up through the step down resistor on the firewall and you jump the relay with only five good plugs you will have zero good plugs real fast! If you want to try jumping them I would disconnect the two large wires going to the plugs and jump directly to them with one battery, 12 volts. Remember AC11's are not continuous plugs so do not leave them hooked up. If you jump them through the relay hooked up in the stock form and you have several bad plugs you will get more than 12 volts into the good ones. POOF.
i should have been more clear, i disconnect the 2 orange wires going to the glow plugs before i put 12v to them. thanks. i have never lost any more when doing it this way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks