• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying my first M35A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/74897-steve6x6x6-recovery-m35a3.html

Even with a preview, without driving the truck out on the open road, no one would have seen this problem. GL is a gamble. If an a2 goes south on you, you can part it out and make most of your money back. If an a3 goes south, especially the motor or trans. its going to cost you. (hope you're prepared for that)
I'm 70 miles from my truck. My neighbor has a lowboy and a truck to pull it with. Buying a truck from the local dealer at twice the price is a gamble too, isn't it?.

KsM715

I'm 70 miles from my truck. My neighbor has a lowboy and a truck to pull it with. Buying a truck from the local dealer at twice the price is a gamble too, isn't it?.
Yes it is. But atleast with the local dealer you can go drive it and if something that he supposedly "just replace" or "went thru" goes bad you can go let off some steam on him. With GL the only place to vent is here. And many of you on here knows how that ends up.

I'm in no way telling anyone not to go the GL route. Just be prepared if it goes bad.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it just me, or does it seem that all the GOOD trucks are over 900 miles away!
I must've gotten lucky or it was fate... Was mulling over buying one at a local car lot, didn't want to spend that much. Started researching(mainly here-great site). Checked out GL and **** if it wasn't perfect timing. An auction in a week or two 70 miles from my house. ALL the M35A3's were driven onto the lot.
They went from low 3K to 7K for a beautiful winch truck, I would've been happy with ANY of them.

3dAngus

Is it just me, or does it seem that all the GOOD trucks are over 900 miles away!
Must be you. There's about 30 + of them in your own back yard coming up this week. I don't recall how long it has been since I've seen that many in one place.

Last edited:

surplusHQ

You are right, my friend I should be a little more thankful for the opportunities that I have. The guy at GL told me that they send all of their 5 tons to Huntsville and thats kind of what I was thinking about when I was whining. I know Huntsville is 900 miles away, but you know what I mean.

3dAngus

Yeah, and I don't mean to come across as some kind of jerk or anything. Sometimes when I go back and read my posts I can't believe how I put things. I'm a machine guy, and not a person guy on the internet, and feel like I'm talking to a machine when typing. 25 years of working with computers kinda does that to ya sometimes.
Anyway, The biggie was to make sure you were aware of your coming opportunities. Not many get this one like you will, not that close to home. Enjoy the show! Wish I had more room. I would love to have a M35A2 also, but only have room for one, and am thinking about going with something else like a M109/185 or wrecker, or something I might get more use out of. I love my M35A3 and it's in great shape, but only have room for one. Just gotta get more space. I'm missing a lot of great deals out there.

hbrazell0003

About time i found an insurance thread that wasn't closed. Has anyone been quoted on insurance for a m35a2 in the last few years? Im trying to find the best company to go to. I wont be driving it daily but i sure as **** am not locking it in a shed. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks