• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying New Injectors. Delphi or Bosch?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know its been covered here before, but now that some time and miles have gone by since Installed on different members trucks, would like their thoughts.

Bosch is the OEM injector.
Delphi is a high quality OEM alternative.

Problems with either one?

The price difference is about $100. Bosch being more expensive.
I've had extremely good luck with Delphi products.
Same with Bosch.

If their holding up as well as the Bosch brand then I will get the Delphi injectors.

Thoughts?

I have a bad injector and no spare.
They all need replaced anyway. Looks like they are original.

I am not going with any unknown or diesel shop special.
It will be either Bosch or Delphi.

Edit:
I bought a brand new set of Delphi injectors with the German made hose that doesn't require the tiny clamps.
Will be here Monday 9/18

Last edited:

cucvrus

If it were me I would change the bad delivery nozzle only. If the others are working let them work. Do you want a few spares? I removed them from running engines. I know the diesel shop can test and rebuild them at a fraction of the cost. As I said before I never changed any except when they leaked externally. 22 years and still going.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll always take spares!!

One is leaking externally and sounds like it's hammering gravel.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have no clue how old your injectors are, I'm sure either choice will make a world of difference
Of course they would.
That's a given.

If Bosch is better then I will spend the extra $100.
If Delphis are issue free then I will buy those.

Looking for feedback from guys that bought new sets and how their running now.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New set of Delphi injectors showed up today.
Included copper washers and Excellent German made fabric covered hose and ends.

Have a Snap-On Bosch injector socket inbound also.

Gonna be a busy weekend.

Rvitko

I have no first hand experience, this is on my to do list but when I have a similar quandary I look at where it was made which is often listed by the part sellers, if both come from the same country I assume that they are the same just rebranded and buy the cheaper or better warranty one depending on situation. If both are different countries, I buy the one from the better country, for example Germany vs Mexico would be a no brainer. I am going through this now finding piston rings for a mercedes diesel and have 3 choices, 2 from Germany likely the same and one from Japan, since neither is a slouched I'm in a quandary.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've used Bosch injectors on VW diesels and 6.2's with good results. No experience with the Delphis though.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used Bosch injectors on VW diesels and 6.2's with good results. No experience with the Delphis though.
I've had excellent results with other Delphi products.
After looking at them in person and holding them, I can tell that it's a very high quality product.

I'll take the $100 I saved by not getting the Bosch's and buy something nice for my wife.

I have read here on SS that new injectors will let you know how healthy the IP is.
The reason is the higher pop pressure required on the new set vs the old worn set.

Time will tell

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed new Delphi injectors today.
Job took about two hours total and that included removing/installing the rear battery and tray.
No problems and the both the lines and injectors came off and went on very easily.
Cylinders and glow plugs looked good.
The old injectors are made in USA by Bosch.
The Snap-On 30mm injector socket worked like a champ.

After install, Took about 10 seconds of cranking and she fired right up.
Much smoother idle and much quieter.
Throttle response is excellent and seems like more power.
No leaks and very happy.

Will let it cool down and see how she starts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks