• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buzzer/Lights Control Module

DocPA

I have a 90 M931A2 was a rebuild. There are 2 modules that I'm guessing control the lights and buzzer for the parking brake and low air. There is (1) on the driver side kick panel right by the fresh air door with a 3 prong plug. There is a second on the inside firewall driver side just to the left of the bottom of the steering column with a plug with many prongs. Which is which, anyone know. And please refrain telling me to look at TM's or smart answers. I looked at the tm's and I get all the smart answers I can digest from my wife. I have no lights or buzzer. And yes I checked and cleaned all the grounds and checked the low pressure switches and bulbs. Thanks in advance for any help. Doc

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one next to the fresh air vent is the failsafe warning control module. The one next to the steering column is the flasher module for the blinkers.

Also a victim of Ol' Lady sarcasm...

DocPA

And thats what I thought too, BUT the one next to the fresh air door has a plug with only (3) prongs. I Looked on Eriks Military Supply and they have what they are calling a Failsafe Alarm Monitor part number 11669142 which looking at it has a plug with many prongs ??? Cost like $168. Think in the rebuild they switched the positions of them?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the failsafe module.

20150712_174432.jpg

20150712_174424.jpg

There are a few versions of the flasher module but here is the plug.

20150712_174808.jpg

DocPA

Well then my flasher is on the side kick panel and my failsafe is on the inside firewall at the bottom of the steering column.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the fail safe module/buzzard can be problematic. There is at least 3 styles of it. One is smooth metal box, other is a metal box with cast looking cooling fins on it. There is also the plastic one pictured in this thread. Besides the 2 pressure switches on the tanks, it gets a signal also from a switch on the parking brake base bracket. The newer style 5 part -23 TM's posted on here have great work flow trouble shooting steps and flow charts. Not sure which version you are using but for troubleshooting the -23's are superior to the older 4 part -24's TM.

Part of the problem that was well documented here by Artisan is the multiple points of ground throughout the truck on the starter, hood, body, frame, air tanks etc as he did quite an extensive write up on his battles with the fail safe warning control module.

Interesting to see them bolted in the opposite locations but remember that 18 year olds are working on them and many have noted odd things on the rebuilds which I think are done mostly by contractors. Basically anything is possible.....

DocPA

So whats going on in N'awlins? I spent a lot of time there in my younger days (30) years or so ago. I miss the food and the people. Used to haul copper cable down from the northeast for the oil rigs and then frozen seafood off the bayou back. Miss it. Used to be a truckstop called powers junction, it still around?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So whats going on in N'awlins? I spent a lot of time there in my younger days (30) years or so ago. I miss the food and the people. Used to haul copper cable down from the northeast for the oil rigs and then frozen seafood off the bayou back. Miss it. Used to be a truckstop called powers junction, it still around?
The Big Easy never really changes even though a Hurricane tried to. Food and great folks are still the norm that like to eat well and party just as much :)

Not sure on the truck stop as the name does not ring a bell. Is it New Orleans? What part of Town? There is a truck stop on Hwy 90 in the east and another one in the center of the city off Elsyian fields but I think it was post K. There are some also in Slidell and La Place.

Lots of trucking here for metal raw ingots/blocks: copper, zinc, nickel, aluminum, etc as the port has a lot of metal traffic and we are some sort of staging/warehousing/shipping point for those commodities in addition to whatever steel is handled at the port.

Good luck with your repair. My only other advise is not to fool with a used take out part but get a brand new one. Lots of folks have had gremlins with this gizmo including me. There was a epay vendor selling the new style plastic one around $150 if my feable mind recalls correctly.

Laissez lez bon temps Rouler! ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks