• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

By chance does anyone know if NAPA sells an air brake light switch?

CMXterra

I saw that there was talk of a NAPA part number for the non air switch. But do they sell a switch that works with the air that is a replacement for the OE air switch?

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I just searched the NAPA site for "air brake switch" and found this.

Part Number: MBI BE13240
Product Line: Midland Brake Products

Jeff Nelson

There is also switch we use on aircraft made by Hobbs. It's used to sense oil pressure, air pressure, fuel pressure, depending upon the model. It may not be a direct replacement but works fine. It's the style I will use on my rebuild for the air pressure alarm. If you're interested I'll find the info for you so we have a second source substitute.

Jeff Nelson

This is what I was suggesting as an alternative: Hobbs switch - TheFind Note that these are for an example only. The reasons my truck will be converted is that these are very commonly available and the right version is adjustable. In addition, mine will be doing double duty so the original won't work. I use them for low fuel pressure warning, low oil pressure, etc. The actual Hobbs switch (which is all I'll use) is very heavy duty, comes in many versions, and is reliable. Keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for...

DeucesWild11

Saturn has them for $28.50.. not sure if they are lower quality then others but I have had good luck with their stuff.. They call it - Switch, Press. Stop light. on their website

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks