• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bye for now to M52/M54, Went to VN Vet

Hkx3

Guys Ive enjoyed the site, enjoyed learning about these ol' girls.

I went through divorce last year, and had to sell my 5 Ton. Ended up after MANY people "wanting" it, I continued to lower the price, lower and lower and lower....

Finally found a Vietnam Vet that wanted it, and I made him a real square deal.

He was a motor trans mech or whatever, and literally had a fit when we struck our deal. Made me happy to see it go to someone who wants to preserve it, instead of cutting it.

To send the ol girl off in style, for the 4th we attached US Flags, loaded up about 30 people in the bed, and went on a hour long "tour" rolling smoke and making people smile.

So, to wind things up, you guys take care, and Ill be back one day, hopefully with a HMMWV.

Always wanted one, and it would be so much easier to get around with.

Take care!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hkx3....just because ya sold yer truck don't mean ya gotta leave:cry:
Heck....lot's of fellers/ladies on here haven't even had an MV yet....but they are trying.

I know you feel like you sold a kid or maybe your favorite dog....but stick around...it takes us all to make this MV madness work...MV or no MV:beer:

Attachments

nk14zp

Heck....lot's of fellers/ladies on here haven't even had an MV yet....but they are trying.

I know you feel like you sold a kid or maybe your favorite dog....but stick around...it takes us all to make this MV madness work...MV or no MV:beer:
:ditto: Stick around.

Hkx3

Maybe the MV circle of life will spin around and bless me with a chance at a humvee someday. I also wouldnt mind an old Jeep.

I loved, LOVED driving the 5 ton, but dang its rough finding a spot to store them, and heaven help if anything had ever gone wrong.

I was so fortunate to have 100% reliability from mine.

Ill lurk around here, and continue to watch all the awesome projects you guys do...

Srjeeper

:ditto:X2.......ya divorced her not us, so stick around and before ya know it you'll have yer can in somethin else OD.[thumbzup]

jluv1185

Great story about how you sent her (5 ton) off. Im glad she found a great home, with a loving family. P.s. i agree with everyone else, stay around. No MV no problem! This site is about the love for MV's...not just having one.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the bright side...next girl that comes (if there would be one) around lay the cards out. I like MV's and I just might have some laying around here somewhere. Love 'em or leave me!

That's a good looking truck you had. Nice tractor to cargo conversion. Kind of reminds me of a truck I know:wink:. Your truck went to a good home and I'm sure she's making that ole' Vet proud when they drive down the road together.

Don't stay away. Talking to all us nuts is like therapy. When I started here I didn't have an MV yet. Stay close...we are all here for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks