• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bypass 002A Reconnect Switch

derf

If one wanted to get rid of the reconnect switch or maybe one is in the field and the switch fails how would one go about bypassing the reconnect switch and wiring the gen for 120/240V output only?

Do the gen output wires terminate on a terminal strip that can be used to combine wires and configure the output?

I have the TMs but don't have an 002 here to look at. I have an 003 here, which may be similar, but an 002 is in question now.

Thanks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are identical inside the reconnection box...it's the same box actually. The only difference is the main breaker and the # of times the wires are wrapped through the CT/CVT assembly.

As far as bypassing the reconnect switch...good luck with that. The wires terminate directly onto the connections of the switch, so it's not going to be an easy chore. You would need to locate all 12 leads of the output and connect them in the proper order according to the -10 TM where it shows the "Double Delta" connection for 120/240 operation. Not an east task, but can it be done....yes. I'm VERY comfortable with electrical wiring and these generators, and I would NOT want to do this.

jbk

ive had several of these stick. i think they get dirt mixed with the grease inside, anyway i loosen the studs holding the switch together except the one you cant get to in the back i think and it usually works. once i get it on 120/240 i dont mess with it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I to am having trouble with my switch and just spoke with Jerry aka Storeman and he said try flooding it with wd40 and useing compressed air and keep doing it and see if you can get it cleaned if that could be the problem. Thanks Jerry

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we are locked up tighter then Toby's backside. I've had this apart and soaked it, actually thought I had it set and it must of sprung back. I'm afriad she was turned during heavy operation. Hopefully there are more(at least one) of those distribution boxes available. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to let dear friends borrow equipment even when they have been w/o power for several days. It's to bad they can't be configured for 120/240 w/o major work.
Thanks Bob.
:-?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks