• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C.C. Checking in.

GRANDCC

Just checking in. I go by C.C. on most other forums, but no periods in the username here lol.

Anyway I just bought an 87 CUCV M1008, I've been lurking and learning but I finally decided to sign up. Plans are to build and wheel the old girl. She's replacing my '02 Grand Cherokee. It was on long arms, Caged, swapped transmission, and because of the different transmission, wouldn't pass emissions here in the "great" province of Ontario.

So to bypass the system (87 and older are exempt) and move up to one ton equipment the CUCV seems like a proper candidate.

About me. I'm an ex-GM mechanic that has been in the trade (licensed up here) for over 15 years. Moved from the dealer to Autoworks offroad fabbing maintaining and building offroad creations. But like all good mechanics listening to people with experience only makes you better so here I am.

Lots of info here! the manuals are a godsend, and it looks like good people.

Cheers
C.C.