• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C.D. M37 in Pittsfield, MA

pwrwagonfire

Thought all you guys would be interested to see this!
MY father works for the state department of fire services, and was in Pittsfield yesterday doing mask fit testing. I had heard rumor that the town's Civil Defense had an M37, and he said he'd try to get pictures.

Sure enough, at lunch time the fire chief "took him to the M37!" Notice next to it, the agency's other vehicle...an M725!

This is the stereotypical paint job for Civil Defense trucks here in Mass. Notice how the old logo has been retro-fitted to include "Emergency Management Agency" which as you may know is the new moniker for Civil Defense.

Trucks are housed indoors year round, although I'm not sure on what kind of use they get...it seems the M37 has a recent inspection sticker, and has leaves in the bed so it may be used more. The M725 I ASSUME was set up as some sort of command post at some point.

Truck is in good shape! Sorry the pictures aren't so hot...they didn't have time to pull them out for my dad.

Attachments

Kalashnikov

I was in Pittsfield a few months ago for work. Nice trucks.

There's a member here that I bought my deuce from (don't know his user name off the top of my head) but he said his town has a 5 ton for the "EMA."

The fire department in Millville, MA has a big old Mack tanker truck, not military, but still cool. It's only a small town too. I thought they had a deuce or a 5 ton tanker a few years ago but I may have been mistaken since it was before my MV years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks