• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C- pillar diagram and measurements

tbeson

Has anyone made measurements of the C pillar and put into cad or dfx.file drawings? My son has CNC plasma table, I would bet he could cut it out in 3 pieces/4 pieces for 1/3 the cost.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drive up to NYC and measure mine. Stay overnight if you wish. I have space.

BLK HMMWV

And a hydraulic press and some forming dies.
It's not round like a tube. at least in the center.
But then I guess if you didn't care to make it like an original one .

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone made measurements of the C pillar and put into cad or dfx.file drawings? My son has CNC plasma table, I would bet he could cut it out in 3 pieces/4 pieces for 1/3 the cost.
C-pillar for Hard or Soft top ?

Action

You can get one on epay bought and shipped for about $500. What do you think it will cost for time labor and parts to make one? From memory, the vertical sides have 6 edges (creating a door jamb). Then the corners are curved, and not a straight curve,,,as in if you took apart a good pillar and straightened out the outer piece, it will not have 4 straight sides. It will be about 11' long and the ends will sweep up about 1'.