• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C Pillar Question

JO302

Hey guys,

Today I went to inspect the humvee I’m purchasing (sooo close!). They added a C pillar (was turret top) and I noticed that C pillar isn’t very solid and only bolted on back side. Is there something missing?

I can see that thing flopping a lot and eventually breaking at the joint. Doesn’t seem right…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a front bracket that goes on and rivets and screws on. I found it for 42.00 each left and right. I did find it cheaper a few places like 36.00 but I only found left or right and I think seco? Was the highest price but had both.
6973189A-BA30-4F75-99B9-427B99C00E80.png

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
That’s how mine was installed, 2 bolts in the rear. Was just fine until I removed it to put on a helmet top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JO302

There is a front bracket that goes on and rivets and screws on. I found it for 42.00 each left and right. I did find it cheaper a few places like 36.00 but I only found left or right and I think seco? Was the highest price but had both.
View attachment 839485
Cool, thanks - that makes more sense that something goes up front. Tried to find a pic of this installed but no luck so far.

I assume when I put the soft top rails on that will add some more “stability”.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the brackets make a big difference otherwise it just flops around. I think brackets help to position it in the right spot also.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It wont “flop around” if you have the handrails installed. I have seen more w/o the small braces than i have with.
Edit,I think I figured out what the handrails are. Roof piece that connects A,B, and C together?

Last edited:

Action

Edit,I think I figured out what the handrails are. Roof piece that connects A,B, and C together?
Yes
And when you install those, look for the RH and LH on the rails. I think at one one. I personally would not drive with the c-pillar not held at the top by the handrails.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After seeing brackets in person I don’t see how it can be anything but cosmetic. Half of the bracket doesn’t have any attachment points so it could just fold back. I will probably rivet the end when I install it.image.jpg

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There’s an MWO or something on it... tail with no holes gets drilled and riveted to door channel near striker, after its riveted to c pillar

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bracket is well diagramed in the parts TM. Four rivets to the C pillar and a through bolt to the body seam. Structural? -no

Can you please direct me to the parts TM. I have found lube and everything else but that. I can’t find anything for M1123 either. Something was mentioned in another thread about what axles you have. I went and looked and I couldn’t find it. That section is kinda confusing for me. I seen the need for riveting but it didn’t have holes like on the sides

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks