• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialK

I ran into a guy today wanting to sell me around 20 C turbos. I didn't take it before seeing if there is any interest. If anyone is interested let me know and i will buy them and post it in the classifieds.

sandcobra164

I put a C on my truck which came with a D. I've got a new D as in NOS (new old stock, never installed) that I will trade to a buddy of mine who want's a D turbo when we do the swap for the C that is on his truck. For a used C with no idea of the history or usage, I'd only be around 50 bucks and that is being generous. Alot of people shut these off without letting the motor idle for 5 minutes or so and unless I could check the center bearing for free play, I'd pass. Turbo's are great but the C's are actually less wanted to anyone who wants to make power but to folks like me that like the whistle, we love them. I'd go up in price for a checked over C with no shaft play but sight unseen, it's a gamble and I'm sure most on this board might feel the same way. I am in no way trying to poo poo on your idea but I think alot of people on here would think the same way. I could easily be proven wrong.

Jeepsinker

I'd take several if they are cheap enough. Don't wait around, buy them! Even used turbos are good to have around for spares. I'm sure you'll sell them all pretty quick.

welldigger

I put a C on my truck which came with a D. I've got a new D as in NOS (new old stock, never installed) that I will trade to a buddy of mine who want's a D turbo when we do the swap for the C that is on his truck. For a used C with no idea of the history or usage, I'd only be around 50 bucks and that is being generous. Alot of people shut these off without letting the motor idle for 5 minutes or so and unless I could check the center bearing for free play, I'd pass. Turbo's are great but the C's are actually less wanted to anyone who wants to make power but to folks like me that like the whistle, we love them. I'd go up in price for a checked over C with no shaft play but sight unseen, it's a gamble and I'm sure most on this board might feel the same way. I am in no way trying to poo poo on your idea but I think alot of people on here would think the same way. I could easily be proven wrong.
My buddies truck with a c turbo pukes oil from the exhaust stack for exactly this reason. Always let your truck idle for a while before shutdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.