• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ca Smog Check for CUCV?

I searched for the answer to this question, but only found info regarding Deuces.

The M1008 and M1009s are exempt from California's new diesel "smog" law.
This is because they were manufactured before 1997.
Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

B.V.D.L.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Thanks all.
What a relief.

Between over restrictive firearms laws that only the law abiding citizens follow, and environmental regulations that prohibit anything cool or fun (desert tortoise, condor range, etc…) This state is getting harder and harder to live in.

Thanks again…

Baldy

dskchevy

All Cucv are exempt in all 50 states, look at smog tag under hood.
The FED put in the non smog "J" code motor in and ran them on "RED DIESEL"

Plus you can move to THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS we like law abiding gun toting, green truck driving people...........................

Last edited:

Dieselsmoke

All Cucv are exempt in all 50 states, look at smog tag under hood.
The FED put in the non smog "J" code motor in and ran them on "RED DIESEL"

quote]

Tell that to NV, UT and CO, three states that I have had to smog them in. Once in civvy hands that exemption goes out the window.

tamangel

Between over restrictive firearms laws that only the law abiding citizens follow, and environmental regulations that prohibit anything cool or fun (desert tortoise, condor range, etc…) This state is getting harder and harder to live in.
wait until the most recent Supreme Court decision trickles down....

Mike

Last edited:

tamangel

you know, it was just a comment..I shortened it down..Lots of folks make these kind on 'one liners' throughout many different threads...just thought I'd join the fray... I agree that we should remain MV..others should also..

Mike

one person's.................is another person's...................

Last edited:

gwag

Last fall out in Billings MT they were holding about 60 cucv because someone somewhere had smogged one and it failed. I guess they were raising **** about it & according to the auction mgr. they (GSA) were pretty close to crushing & scrapping :shock: them but finally sold them with a disclaimer.

143SE8

I bought a M1028 in Utah 3 months ago and drove it to Colorado where I live. Anything being registered in Colorado has to have an emissions test, if you live in the Denver (front range) area. Also, the law was recently changed so that only vehicles older than 1975 qualify for collector plates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks