• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab air spring new replacement part number & source

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Cab lift parts are made by Powerpacker. Firestone makes the airbag and sells it to Powerpacker who makes their own assembly. PP997900 is the new replacement air spring. No housing you have to reuse your old one. The spring bolts right in though. Available from Powerpacker for a cool $192.29 each plus shipping. They do have a 2-4 week lead time. Very friendly helpful people there. While looking around it seems Powerpacker makes the cab latch assembly and the cab air leveling sensor. Probably most of the cab lift components. And I searched the cab spring part number and found this.
airspring.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super useful information, thank you. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the OEM of this part and came up empty.

f8617

Very timely. The air springs on my M1078 inflate, but the cab seems to bottom-out too easily...yet, I haven't found a leak.

Overdrive

Interesting that the PM article describes what we came up with here in this forum a while ago to just leave the valve "on."

Mine operate correctly but the bags look a little haggard so great info on replacements.

parkinson6wa

Great information Suprman as always. My driver's air spring is leaking. Let me ask you this. Is it possible that a leaking cab air spring could result in the five flashing lights on a ctis ecu? I thought the problem was the air pressure transducer on the PCU, but replacement of that part still didn't fix the issue. Any ideas guys?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Not really. If there was a big enough air leak that the tanks didn't get enough pressure to activate the ctis. Do all 5 flash when you start the truck or after a few minutes. The system will time out waiting to see 120psi in the air tanks.

parkinson6wa

It will attempt to inflate the tires, Hwy light will flash, but then it will flash all five lights. I bumped up the air governor a few pounds as well, thinking maybe it just wasn't getting up to pressure, but that didn't work either.

parkinson6wa

Also, when I start the truck after it sits, the pressure on both front and rear air brake gauges has dropped to about 60 pounds. The audio alarm sounds until the compressor refills the tanks and the system is pressurised. The hwy light will flash alone, but the tires will not inflate, then all five lights begin to flash.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You need to fix your air system issues before worry about the ctis. Unplug the controller for now. Start the truck watch the air gages they should both slowly (1-2 minutes) come up to 120 psi and then the air dryer should purge. Air pressure should not go down with the truck just sitting.

parkinson6wa

Pressure does build to 120 psi after a few minutes, then the air dryer purges. So my compressor is functioning, and the air pressure switch on the side of the primary tank also appears to be working. Now something strange I have noticed when getting into the cab is that the addition of my weight caused the cab leveling switch to divert air to the air springs. This causes a real funny sound from a valve that sits below the pressure switch on the primary tank. Sort of a high pitched, whining sound. I need to attach video. When I get out of the cab, air is released from the cab leveling switch, I assume in response to the reduction in cab weight. This bleed off of air from the valve and driver side air spring continues after the truck is shut down, resulting in the drop in system pressure. The drop happens fairly quickly and I hear no other air leaks, and the tires hold air.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe that valve is a regulator. Turn off the cab leveling and see what happens when you get in the truck. Lower right knob on the control box over the fuel tank.

Reworked LMTV

Do the springs vent at the back? When my M1088 is stopped, there is a loud rush of air from the base of the holder. Normal or possibly bad spring?

FloridaAKM

My M1081 does the same thing, the loud rush of air from around the base of the holder, but I believe that it is from the leaking airbags. Those bags are high on the list of things needing replacing.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man a working air ride cab is so great... but mine isn't either. I have the drivers side bag leaking horribly fast. So much so that there is almost no pressure built in the rear wet tank when I shut off the truck. I think my CTIS is struggling to see adequate pressure to work due to that leak. I need to fix the air ride first to see if the CTIS straightens up.

Reworked LMTV

Just a side note to this thread. The air shocks will lose some air when they are operating normally. It is not an air tight fit. I noticed that the first shock I opened up had anti-seize applied to the base of the metal collar on the bag and the bottom of the shock. This might increase the sealing ability as well as prevent locking up of the sleeve.