• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cab air springs

No. They stay down when i drive... They are up when i park.
If I remember right, the cab system runs off the tire circuit and not the brake circuit…. So, it seems that a likely relation between the action of disengaging the parking brake and losing inflation would be the hydro cut-off like Suprman said. I think Suprman might be right that the two air lines into the manifold block might be swapped.

So the control knob needs to stay locked in and the level sensor triggers inflation only when needed?
I leave mine locked in and on all the time. The manual says to deflate for offroading though. I think its a simple system im not sure there is a sensor I think they behave almost like a shock absorber.
There seems to be some kind of built in logic to the inflation and venting. On my truck, there is a valve under the hydraulic pump with a linkage to the support "bow". It appears to adjust the inflation based on the weight on the lock.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I wouldnt just go pull the control box. Peek behind it with a mirror and use the parts TM to figure out where each air line goes. Then do a bit of tracing and if it is just swapped lines you should be able to correct them in place.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The parts tm will show a breakdown and you can look in the repair tm for air springs not working and it should give you a good idea of what lines to look at.

radbad

Are you guys talking about the cab Leveling system? Is there a separate air ride system I'm not aware of, or are these one-in-the-same?

scal67

Like what was mentioned earlier. The cab leveling valve is tied into the CTIS and also the engine fan. When I went to the maintenence class this was pointed out. The pins are only used for air transportation only, in conjunction with the front suspension pull down cylinders and the kneeling valves on the front tires. Kneeling valves connect to the Schrader valves going into the tire, it has a flat tip like look to if. You may not have them anymore as the ARMY now changes out entire wheel Assy. If you don't change them out they disappear. One more thing about the air bags, if one goes bad and you can only get the other side assy, just unbolt the bag from new and use old mount. If this stuff has already been brought, my apologies since it's been quite awhile since I've been here.

Stixsmarsh

Like what was mentioned earlier. The cab leveling valve is tied into the CTIS and also the engine fan. When I went to the maintenence class this was pointed out. The pins are only used for air transportation only, in conjunction with the front suspension pull down cylinders and the kneeling valves on the front tires. Kneeling valves connect to the Schrader valves going into the tire, it has a flat tip like look to if. You may not have them anymore as the ARMY now changes out entire wheel Assy. If you don't change them out they disappear. One more thing about the air bags, if one goes bad and you can only get the other side assy, just unbolt the bag from new and use old mount. If this stuff has already been brought, my apologies since it's been quite awhile since I've been here.
Apologies for bringing this post back from the dead. Is there also meant to be a damper for the rebound of the springs? The compression and filling is good on mine, however when they rebound they seem to top out very harshly. Thoughts?

FloridaAKM

I have been waiting from mid April for a set of airbags from the dealer & they are supposed to be here in two weeks. If they are not here by then, I will try your supplier even though it is a little bit more expensive. Thanks for the info.

coachgeo

Just compiling shock info into a shock thread so it is easier to find.

Yes, the cab airbags have a shock inside. http://www.ohiohydraulic.com/store/pp954900-details.html

Here's the airbag if you need a new one... http://www.ohiohydraulic.com/store/product114017.html
here is the manufacture info stamped onto the shock that sits inside the bag https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...st-my-mine-!&p=2247654&viewfull=1#post2247654

this Rebuilder quoted post miss represents "bag" (second link) This is the whole assembled unit that sits inside steel cans... includes shock. It is NOT just the bag

NOTE: Bag is actually a sleeve with the ends crimped

Here is some pics of disassembled unit ( start at and review some post following it)
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...st-my-mine-!&p=2245222&viewfull=1#post2245222

Here is a company that makes similar rings/clamps that crimp the sleeve onto the components.
https://www.oetiker.com/

Last edited:

GTUnit

I have a pair of new old stock complete cab air springs available if anyone wants. Still in their manufacturer boxes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks