• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab heater ? for M211

Westech

CPL
on the inside fender of a M211? that would be a neat trick... show me how to do that lol... anywho I think the heaters are on the pass side inside the cab.. kinda by your feet.

Westech

CPL
thats not the military place for that! in my m211 it was on the pass side by the floor. But thats a good place to put one if you cant get ahold of the factory stuff

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like an M35 heater. I have a few M151 kits. Bet it can work in the 211 too

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Cab heater ? for M211

Westech said:
on the inside fender of a M211? that would be a neat trick... show me how to do that lol... anywho I think the heaters are on the pass side inside the cab.. kinda by your feet.
Ah the exception to the rule ;) Ask and ye shall find :p

RE: Re: RE: Cab heater ? for M211

I have seen pictures of southwind heater mounted on the inside fender well just like hippiedude picture the intake is through the hood

butch atkins

m211 heater

hey yall,before you spend any money on a heater kit,read TB 9-2855-40 INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION OF PERSONNEL HEATER KIT,for all of the GMC M series vehicles,it is in the technical manuals section on this site,the pictures and location of the heater are correct,my m211 also has the heater,you can use m35 heater kit,all of hte ductwork and diverter heat assy bolt right up to the existing holes in the cab,READ THE TB before you do anything,the hardest items to find will be thedeflector for the defroster to the windshield,i got mine from www.alfaheaven.com,the deflectors off of m35 WILL NOT WORK,a sorry a## vendor swore to me they would ,and then wouldnt refund my money,LBE,thats lies, bulls#*^ ,excuses,good luck to all on your projects

deuceman51

Yes, that is an M35 heater and it is mounted correctly. There is a access hole in the hood on the drivers side for the intake. I dont think I have seen a correct heater for a m211 in years. They are very rare. I have a spare brand new M35 heater that I am looking to get rid of if anyone is interested, pm me.

Superdave

I am still looking for the factory heater for my 135 as well. I have been searching for some time now and found a few of the parts but need the heater, hood scoop, and the controll cables to compleat the kit and if any one has one or contacts I would apreciate a pm. I thought they would be easy to find but I am not having much luck locating one.

n1bnc

Hippiedude, are you familiar with the M211 in worcester on ebay? I was wondering about that drivetrain. I think its been on eBay before...

butch atkins

m211 heater kit part #s

hey yall,straight from the ORD 8 SNL G-249 WINTERIZATION EQUIPMENT FOR TRUCK,2 1/2 TON 6X6 M135 SERIES (SNL G-749),ORDNANCE STOCK # G-249-5702005,FED STOCK#2540-301-7267, ORDNANCE PART # 8710623 BOB KETTLERS CATALOG( DIRECT SUPPORT) lists this also,this si the kit # to look for,the ord 8 that i have also lists each individual part # for this application,so if you have a heater part # question, i have the answer,only for GMC M series trucks,maybe someone can cross reference these part #s? my truck heaters data plate says,HEATER VEHICULAR COMPARTMENT,MS 51326-1 SERIAL # 54959,VOLTS 24V.D.C. AMPS 4.4,30000 BTU HR HUNTER MFG.CO. CLEVELAND ,39 OHIO US,hope this helps when looking for parts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks