• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Height

dsansted

Can anyone give me the cab height of the 1953 M37? I am trying arrange shipping for my new (1953) truck but can't get the seller to give me a measurement. Thanks...Doug

amanco

The top of the canvas bow on my '53 M37 with XL 11.00-16's is 7' 3". I know this because I have to let air out of the tires to get it in my 7' 1" garage door. With stock 9.00-16's I would suspect around 7' plus or minus 1" You may also take into account tired springs. My truck sits just a bit higher on account of some helper springs. Take the cab top off and you are talking maybe 5' 6" to the top of the steering wheel. It's just a PITA to do.

dsansted

Keith, thanks...I purchased the truck sight unseen from the Forest Service and this is my introduction to the M37 and I am surprised at how tall it is...I am shipping from NV to CT and that height is likely going to limit the number of shippers and increase the cost...oh, well...Doug

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
There's a simple solution to the problem! Take the top off, stow it and the frame in the bed, and fold down the windshield. Then, the "high point" will be the top of the steering wheel. ;)

Capt.Marion

What Lifer said. Hang on, I'll go look at my data plate real quick.

Okay: 86.5" to the top of the bed bows... so less a few inches for the cab top. No more than 7 feet for the top of the cab bows. I really would just pull the top off and if anything throw a tarp over the cab if you're worried.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks