• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab install, no crane/lift

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched the posts, but I haven't found answers I was needing. How can I get the cab back on the frame without any type of lifting device. The cab is completely stripped down. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Marcus
Greetings from San Angelo, Texas!

The short answer you seek..... Help is a friend away. It may be a friend you have not yet met. So sharpen your people skills.

Now then.....
As something I have done in similar lifting situations, here goes.

When I needed to lift a crated multi-fuel engine that was sitting in my residential back yard into an M105 trailer I simply waited for a backhoe to be working in the neighborhood. I could just as easily waited for a power company pole setter truck, an off-road forklift (often used by roofers around here to lift materials atop homes), or any other lift-capable machinery operating nearby.
Next, I simply "schmoozed" with the crew using the backhoe. I told them of my need. And they thought it was a challenge they could handle with ease. Indeed they did handle it quickly, professionally, and inexpensively - accepting only a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper and some bottled water for their pay.
HOWEVER.... the backhoe was barely able to lift the engine and its crate. It was a balancing act, but they overcame gravity and levitated it into the trailer without incident.

HENCE... Start looking for someone with the right equipment operating in your neighborhood. Then, use your people-skills.

Git 'er done!

And please post pictures for our viewing enjoyment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks