• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Latch seal

cybindustries

The seals on the piston part are just regular o rings. The one that blew out on mine is the one in the actual body of the latch on the latch side. I have tried every o ring kit we have around the shop and nothing has worked yet. It is driving me nuts.

expeditionnw

Small keyboard big fingers

I am surprised there isnt a kit out there for this. I thought the main plunger was a square cut o ring...

OP are you referring to one of these shaft seals?

Attachments

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. I was able to easily replace that inner (smaller) o-ring with a metric o-ring, on my M1078. I too had tried several of the english numbered o-rings, and none fit just right. I got a small metric o-ring kit and it had one that worked perfectly.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future, who might come across this post.

expeditionnw

FWIW, I have invested some time to find the CORRECT seals/wipers for the cab latch and put together an overhaul kit which is available for purchase. These latches are very simple, and they can be resealed without removing them from the truck.

PM if interested, or see the ad in classifieds.

Look forward to getting mine from you

Seth

FWIW, I have invested some time to find the CORRECT seals/wipers for the cab latch and put together an overhaul kit which is available for purchase. These latches are very simple, and they can be resealed without removing them from the truck.

PM if interested, or see the ad in classifieds.