• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab/Marker Lights

Thirteen

Did any of the M1008s, M1028, M1010s or any other CUCVs come with cab/marker lights on the roof?

We parted out a M1008 that had them and the PO bought it from Govt auction with them already installed.

Just never seen a picture of them or I might not be looking in the right place.

Thanks

Last edited:

cucvrus

I never saw any OEM CUCV's with them. But that don't mean it has never happened. I had an M1009 that I put clearance lamps on the roof for a customer. I have a cab here now that has them and I am going to put them on my M1009 Mule in the spring. It is not very difficult to install them. The wire runs down the left A pillar and each lamp has its own holes. I will post pictures before and after.

cucvrus

I have had several of the M1031 with the contact maintenance units on and the M1028A1's that started life as M1031 cab chassis. Is this M1031 SECM something special. The only clearance lights I ever saw on them was on the actual body not on the cab roof. Just curious.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if it helps anyone but Generous Motors sold kits to add theses lights. Kit was 100% GM parts and even had a template.

xenocath

searching.............
Any more info on the kits and template? I have purchased the lights and plan to install them soon. a factory add on install sheet would be great if I could find one.
I already have the senior west coast mirrors, the lights will complete the look.

cucvrus

Any more info on the kits and template? I have purchased the lights and plan to install them soon. a factory add on install sheet would be great if I could find one.
I already have the senior west coast mirrors, the lights will complete the look.
I have a cab roof that has the holes in it. Would it help if I did a tracing on it so you know where the OEM holes go. It will not be right away. I am dealing with bitter cold and drifting snow at this time. Hey you are in Virginia. Come on up and cut the roof off the cab and take it home with you.[thumbzup]

xenocath

searching.............
no need to go to the trouble I have measurements for the locations to install the lights just wanted the install sheet and template since I have never seen it after tons of researching for it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I had one of those kits in my hand was 20 odd years ago. I will try to at least generate a part number so we can see if any NOS exists.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks