• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab repairs - adding NATO socket

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adding a NATO slave socket to the cab of my M816, mounted below the standard two pin socket.

NATO socket 1.jpgNATO socket 2.jpgNATO socket 3.jpgNATO socket 4.jpgNATO socket 5.jpg

Pic 2 - using body hammer and dolly to flatten the cabs corner radius to allow new socket to sit flush in a square slightly recessed from surface. ('O' ring or gasket and hardware were not included in the pack with the socket but shouldn't be difficult to acquire)
I also had to open up the 2" hole with a hand file as it had shrunk in the flattening/recessing process.

With this setup and an NATO~2 pin adapter (thanks Gimpy) - I should be able to jump start or be jump started by any military vehicle with just one type of cable.... or what ever cable they're carrying!

Last edited: