• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Roof Support Bows

brianp454

Rusty,

I would think one of the guys that have a number of trucks sitting around would have them. Also, some of the guys in your neck of the woods commonly have spare parts. Do you know Brad or Stephanie? I know Stepanie in on SS from time to time and is heavily involved in the Ft Worden event listed in the events part of the forums. You might want to check there. Also, one of my buddies switched from a soft top to the hard top. I'll see if he still has his old parts.

rustystud

Rusty,

I would think one of the guys that have a number of trucks sitting around would have them. Also, some of the guys in your neck of the woods commonly have spare parts. Do you know Brad or Stephanie? I know Stepanie in on SS from time to time and is heavily involved in the Ft Worden event listed in the events part of the forums. You might want to check there. Also, one of my buddies switched from a soft top to the hard top. I'll see if he still has his old parts.

Brian, are these people around in Washington state or Oregon ? I have never heard of Brad or Stephanie . Though to be fair I have never gone to any meets as they are all down south in the Chehalis area and further on south.

Lex_Ordo

Are you looking for the entire soft top cab kit or just the three bows that support it over the cockpit?

I bought a set a few years back along with the cab storage bracket, from Saturn Surplus. I heard somewhere that Mark sold all his Deuce parts to Dave Newman at Eastern Surplus though.
I guess you should try both of them first, then TnJ Murray, then Memphis Equipment Parts.

searls84

Why not just make some and save a little money? I made two that I was missing out of 1/4" rod (think that was the size, and can be found at any hardware store) using the stock one I had as template. Tools needed were bolt cutters, vise, and a large hammer plus spray paint if you desire. Totaled around $6 and worked just as well as the ones on the other two trucks I own with soft tops.

rustystud

Why not just make some and save a little money? I made two that I was missing out of 1/4" rod (think that was the size, and can be found at any hardware store) using the stock one I had as template. Tools needed were bolt cutters, vise, and a large hammer plus spray paint if you desire. Totaled around $6 and worked just as well as the ones on the other two trucks I own with soft tops.
I thought the bows where made out of spring steel or at least tempered steel. If there not then making them out of 1/4" rod would be an option.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is 5/16 rod. At least the one rod that came with my truck that I copied was. You can also take the opportunity to make them slightly longer if you have extra sag on you top. If I recall, you need to get a 4 foot rod from the hardware store as 3 foot was too short.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks