• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab swap

Wingman1

Preparing to swap a cab/fenders etc out on my 1971 M35A2. Have any of you done this? Looking for any tips that you may have to minimize the learning curve on this. Too much cab rust to repair. I picked up a M35A3 cab with doors with windshield in great shape. additionally have purchased NOS front wiring harness, takeoff fenders, tool box, battery box and hardtop. Will salvage existing hood. I have access to a forklift at work to help with the heavy lifting. I'm not a mechanic but have successfully swapped out the transfer case and installed new front axle seals. I have not found any threads on SS for guidance.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is relatively straightforward, the tricky part is threading the cab over the steering colunm. You have to raise, rotate, and move back more or less at the same time. With your forklift, rig a pair of comealongs to the front and rear of the cab, then pull the chassis forward as you lift.