• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Tilt Pump M1078 A1

TGeorge

Please forgive the ignorant newbie. I'm struggling a bit navigating this site. I suspect this subject has been discussed at length but maybe I'm not using the search function properly.

My air over oil hydraulic pump is leaking. I have a seal / gasket kit on it's way from Memphis Eq. Any tricks or tips appreciated. Any "if I had to do that again I would XX" stories please!

Thanks,

Tobin

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
leaking from where? It is considered normal for these to release an aerosol from the vent of MIL-PRF-5606 when in operation.

That said it's pretty straightforward. Use a large vise if you have one big enough to put the pump in when disassembling and reassembling. Or could probably use a bar clamp such as for wood working. When you pull the long bolts out the pump body is spring loaded so it's important to contain it to ensure you don't lose anything.

It's a totally straightforward job if you have a clean working environment are careful and methodical. There's only a couple seals in them that go bad but you will find bits of the yellowish/clear plunger seal all over inside the pump. Don't forget to clean the inside of the sintered vent - found a bunch of seal particles in mine.

coachgeo

Seem to recall several have put something in backward on reassembly.. or something like that... so keep close eye on little stuff... which way is up and which way is down.. as well as the order of things in some of the small areas.

TGeorge

leaking from where? It is considered normal for these to release an aerosol from the vent of MIL-PRF-5606 when in operation.

That said it's pretty straightforward. Use a large vise if you have one big enough to put the pump in when disassembling and reassembling. Or could probably use a bar clamp such as for wood working. When you pull the long bolts out the pump body is spring loaded so it's important to contain it to ensure you don't lose anything.

It's a totally straightforward job if you have a clean working environment are careful and methodical. There's only a couple seals in them that go bad but you will find bits of the yellowish/clear plunger seal all over inside the pump. Don't forget to clean the inside of the sintered vent - found a bunch of seal particles in mine.
I notices fluid on the top of the fuel tank and first assumed I had a hose or fitting issue at the valve box on the right side of the truck, then I raised the cab and saw the pump was puking all over. I assume some of that oil is running down a hose to the valve box. Not sure yet. Thanks for the tips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks