• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab Tilt pump Rebuild, quick tips

TGeorge

I just finished the seal replacement rebuild on a cab tilt pump on my M1078A1 circa 2006. Two quick thoughts.

1) Leave the reservoir mounted. Just pull the heaver Gage steel formed cover / guard to access the top of the pump assembly. Remove the hoses then remove the 6 10 x 24 hex cap screws and lift off the lid with the pump attached. Waaaay easier than trying to get to the 4 x 8 mm that secure the reservoir. PITA to get to rear pair of these bolt. If the reservoir is nasty mop it out.

2) Post rebuild I was still getting a tiny bit of hydraulic fluid out of the sintered brass exhaust filter. I removed the filter, replaced if with a Push lock style tubing fitting and ran ~4 ft of 3/8 plastic tubing down under the chassis. Now any blowby is exhausted onto the ground without making a mess at the pump at a high location that runs down and makes one wonder *what* the hell is actually leaking. I'd suggest at least 3/8 (od) tubing. If the exhaust is too restricted the pump will cycle slower.

Sorry no pics. Happy to answer questions.

Tobin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks