• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab top made easy but found it the hard way

jkelly66

Well yesterday was a day for working on the War Horse so I installed a right windshield and hoops for the canvas cab top I got from Ironhorsethegeneral. Now comes the fun part sliding the end of the canvas through the track on the front of the windshield well I got it about half way not going easy but going when I riped it in two places aua well drat and other words I cant use here. there gos 200 $ so I took it back off and quit for the day. This morning this smart woman that was crazy enough to marry me said she could fix it so she got out her heavy duty needle and went to work I was skeptical but it worked and she done a good job. After stitching we sealed it with Elmers Ultra Stix All.
Now comes the installation I got the bright idea to get some Vaseline petroleum jelly and put it inside the track on the windshield. It worked like a charm :D I wish I had thought of that yesterday before I ripped it. Anyway mission accomplished thanks to my beautiful wife Patty I now have a top on my truck and it is starting to look like a truck should. Below are some pics of the adventure.
John

Attachments

FrankUSMC

John
In the "old Corps" they used soap to slide the top through the track. I have tried it and it works also.
*no more comments about "vasiline and tight places", in the photos you can see you are scaring the dog.
One of the few, Frank

jkelly66

FrankUSMC said:
John
In the "old Corps" they used soap to slide the top through the track. I have tried it and it works also.
*no more comments about "vasiline and tight places", in the photos you can see you are scaring the dog.
One of the few, Frank
Dont want to do that she dosent know what to make of me half the time anyway rofl

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Funny you should post this now, I am getting ready to post up how I got a vinal top from another member cheap, and sewed it to make a great top at a great deal. I will post it later this week.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of fixing tops, I think I have an extra plastic lip for the vinyl tops if anyone needs it. Should have the whole lenght across the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks