• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cabin fan location...

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought an auxiliary 7" fan for cooling the cabin from our friends at Eastern
Any recommendation on the fan location for the Humvee
I tried looking for pictures, but did not come up with anything
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

riderdan

I can't find a pic at the moment, but most of the ones I've seen are mounted to the "dash" near the windshield divider one the driver's side. Federal Military Parts has a picture of one mounted there.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the picture, I think I will make a bracket and center the fan, so that it will work for me or the GF
Thank you

fan_install-1_grande.jpg

NormB

JUst got mine hooked up today:

IMG_0286.jpgIMG_0287.jpg

I used rivnuts to connect to the radio deck. Thinking about putting a basket in the middle to hold stuff like gloves, flashlight.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since my console is a bit different and homemade, I think that one fan should be OK, as long as it dissipates the floor heat, that's good enough for me.
I made a small mounting bracket since the base of the fan was a bit larger than the mounting location.
On a different subject, I know that the gauge lights are suppose to be green, but I have trouble viewing the gauges at night, so I replace the bulbs with cool white LED's, I can see the gauges much better and the look is not too shabby.

IMG_1693.JPGIMG_1691.JPG

NormB

cup holders are a pair of cheap aluminum camping cups I got off amazon for $4 as an add-on. Drilled rivets out of cup handles and used large-headed rivets to affix to the mic holders (no holes drilled in mic holders, just put the strap behind). It was either that or try and figure a way to mount bottle holders. I think the PAX side is a bit crowded and I'm likely to move its cup holder more towards the center,, but I do like the symmetry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks