• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAF B-29 / B24 tour info thread.

combatmech

Made it home yesterday from my part of the summer tour. Things are going well and the 29 has been flying without any serious issues.
For all you B-24 Diamond LiL fans.... She should be flying again later this week. We are talking thursday or friday test/maintenance flight.
I have a ton of pictures to post from the various places we stopped. Reading, Pa WW2 weekend was the best. Really busy, went into WW2 MV over load. Lots of great looking trucks and Jeeps there. Got to meet "Wild Bill" Guarnere and a lot of other veterans. A very humbling experience.
I'll head back out next sunday and finish out the tour in Nashville, Tn and bring the 29 back to Dallas on or about 8 July.

combatmech

Back at home for a little bit. The B24 and B29 are out on part "B" of our summer tour. Here are a few shots from the road. Enjoy!! Looking forward to Oshkosh....
DSC02418.jpgDSC02479.jpgDSC02450.jpgDSC02443.jpgDSC02434.jpg
DSC02458.jpg

sggoat

I have a Barber-Coleman Co.(Rockford,Ill) Aircraft controller motor-24VDC Mod #aYLc 2121, Ser No. 03222. I think it was used as a cooler control on a B-24. Anyone have any info on this motor? (wiring diagrams/manual/pics)?Thanks,Gary

Attachments

Last edited:

combatmech

You might want to contact the Collings Foundation guys, we operate a B-24A that doesn't use those type motors. Our aircraft has fixed-area oil coolers.

As the tour has wound down, we have a few weekend events around the country. Please check the airpower tour website for further information.

sggoat

Thank you, I'll send them a queryGary
You might want to contact the Collings Foundation guys, we operate a B-24A that doesn't use those type motors. Our aircraft has fixed-area oil coolers.

As the tour has wound down, we have a few weekend events around the country. Please check the airpower tour website for further information.

combatmech

Update: The 2013 tour/airshow season is done!! It's been a great year for us. Since our last show in Houston a few weeks ago, we have removed and replaced #3 engine on the B-29 and have started working on the long list of items during this winter maintenance period.
Stay tuned warbird junkies!!! The 2014 tour / airshow season starts February!!!

combatmech

2014 spring tour info is up. Please check the website for information as to where we'll be. I'll be on a good portion of the Florida tour.

Winter maintenance period is almost over. Few more small items to finish. We should pull the 29 out Thursday or Friday for engine runs and then FCF/currency flights next week. We're looking forward to flying again.
The 29 is in great shape!! We completed: #3 engine change, three of the four props were removed and sent for IRAN. Had key structural components NDI/NDT'd without any issues.
Enjoy and see y'all in Florida.

http://www.airpowersquadron.org/#!schedule/c1yws

combatmech

Update... We had an issue with #3 engine last week and were delayed. Put the spare on and we'll be heading to Florida on Monday. Check the website for further details.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks