• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calibration of MEP frequency transducer

54M37

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My MEP-003a frequency meter is off so I would like to calibrate it. The Back of the frequency transducer has 2 adjustment screws labeled BAL and SPREAD. I would assume that the BAL screw is the same as the ZERO adjust and the SPREAD screw is the same as the SPAN adjust. Is the correct?

armytruck63

Is this the wiggling fingers type of gage? If you can get the manufacturer and model number of the gage itself, I might be able to find the actual calibration procedure for the unit. In the room next to me is a huge library of manuals going back as far as the early '60's.

It does sound like you are correct with your guesses.

54M37

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to use a Fluke meter with a frequency scale to monitor the actual frequency as I vary the engine speed corresponding to between 55 and 65 HZ. While doing so I was going to calibrate the transducer.

cuad4u

If you remove the transducer, connect its input to 120 VAC house current. The power company keeps it at exactly 60Hz or within just a few 1/100th of a Hz. Adjust the transducer so the meter reads exactly 60Hz, reinstall it, and you are good-to-go. I have done it several times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks