• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California members

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know how i missed THIS thread, but crucial to connect with the Left Coast: that's where "it" always starts out:

- Subscribed

Simple question (or maybe not): where is the dividing line between SoCal and NoCal (the CA Mason-Dixon)?
All my life here (except 10 months in Phoenix).

I'm going to declare all area from Lancaster south as SoCal, all area Bakersfield north to Sacramento as Central Cal, and all area north of Sac as NorCal. However, I think politically, Sac on south is SoCal as north of there the people are more likely to be conservative. Just my opinion based on a few people I know across the state. There HAVE been occasional rumblings from the northern contingent about secession and creating a real Northern California as a 51st state...

Another Ahab

All my life here (except 10 months in Phoenix).

I'm going to declare all area from Lancaster south as SoCal, all area Bakersfield north to Sacramento as Central Cal, and all area north of Sac as NorCal. However, I think politically, Sac on south is SoCal as north of there the people are more likely to be conservative. Just my opinion based on a few people I know across the state. There HAVE been occasional rumblings from the northern contingent about secession and creating a real Northern California as a 51st state...
I didn't even KNOW about the whole Central California concept (until here). I mean I was even stationed out CA way, years ago, but truth is I wasn't focused on anything much beyond the fence…except some of the beaches (Oxnard: really nice beaches).

So , anyway, Central CA: who knew? Thanks for that lesson.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Had a buddy in college from California (San Leandro), who knew nothing about the Civil War because he said it wasn't taught there in the schools. Said all he got was California history. Was he busting chops?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks