• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California members

kylethompson

Now that's a nice-looking rig there:

- You going to start a thread to give us a tour?

Like the pintle hook for example, what do you plan to tow?!
Thanks man. Pintle hook came with the truck. The only thing I plan on hauling is my kids on surf trips.

I might do a build thread once I get some headway on my interior buildout. Right now it's just a simple platform bed where the genset was. I have the genset up for free in the pay it forward section in case anyone wants it. Plan is for extension drawers under the platform bed, plywood panels and basic lighting for reading at night, then outfitting the roof and compartments with solar/batteries, water with a 12v pump for dishes/shower, maybe a propane tank and distributor for camp stove and water heater... I haven't decided how crazy to get.

First goals were to get my trusted diesel mechanic to give it a clean bill of health (all good there), install 4" lift all around and 37" tires. Now I can drive it on the freeway, which is great.

Another Ahab

Right now it's just a simple platform bed where the genset was. I have the genset up for free in the pay it forward section in case anyone wants it. Plan is for extension drawers under the platform bed, plywood panels and basic lighting for reading at night,
Nice plan, and glad for you got a good clean bill of health from your mechanic buddy. That's always a good start.

Thise extension drawers are a great item. I've never used them, But I sure do like the concept.

Some of them are built so heavy-duty that you could even sleep in them, like a bed, fully cantilevered!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks