• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Call from the Army about the 4th of July Parade, All Clear

readyman

TedG,

Real hard to find stuff I'm afraid.
TOW Launch Tube,
Daysight Target Tracker,
Nightsight,
Missile Guidance System (case)

I'm all set with the HMMWV itself.

PM me if you can help, I'd like to stay under the radar.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
thye would have to pry the steeringwheel from my M35 out of my cold dead hands if they wanted it back

im a Vet and I earned the right to keep my MV's and for others to have theres forever

Bozor1000

bulldog_mack13 said:
thye would have to pry the steeringwheel from my M35 out of my cold dead hands if they wanted it back

im a Vet and I earned the right to keep my MV's and for others to have theres forever
I am a VET also. I am with 100% on that one.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let it ride.

My guess is, someone did not associate the vehicle with NICMVPA, but rather with some branch of the service and figured the occupants were active members of the military. I can see why. The only thing they saw was a camo MV with weapons, a couple of support banners, and several people wearing (some) military clothing.

They got their answer. They got their clarification. Leave it.

Poo-poo doesn't stink until you poke at it and stir it up.

Why not just wear civilian clothing with the same "support" information, and/or down-play the weaponry. By "down-play," I mean not make them appear so, "live." Maybe dust cover them, or something along those lines. I know you like them, and they look fine to me, but there are a lot of people who don't, "get it." I think it's always a good idea to eliminate "question" from the beginning.

Of course, if the vehicle is among other "club" vehicles, you would think common sense would prevail.

Problem is; Common sense is not so common.

emr

A couple of level headed and proper responces here, cool heads always prevail, the last thing this hobby needs is a bunch of guys calling there congressmen, the less they know the better...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Our group has its own uniform of sorts that we wear at major events. It is military in style but is obviously not a military uniform...past or present. Maybe an easy fix would be a recognizeable club membership uniform? Just a thought.
On the rare occassions where a member may wear an actual military uniform for a special purpose, we are very careful to insure that individual is period correct in every way.
I would recommend restraint in making waves. This hobby ...or dedication as we call it has enough problems without anyone else getting involved and making more limiting rules.. Just my thoughts.

EO2NMCB

Navy Still wear BDU's though

No the navy wears CUU's same thing but I had a master chief jump my butt for calling them bdu's

Dodgeman1941

As mentioned, for the Army, bdu's are now history. That is important when it comes to them. We work with a Army Reserve horse unit, and being a civi, I can wear BDU's or any other obsolete uniform when working with them, but I can not wear ACU's. That's the law. Someone just had there skivvies in a bunch over the whole uniform, vehicle, weapon thing.

N1265

So let me get this straight.....

someone on active duty seen a picture of a vehicle in a parade and miss-identified it and it occupants.

This is disturbing to me because If they could not tell that what they seen in this photo was not ACTUAL active duty US military, On US soil, in a non-hostile situation.....Then how are we sure they would be able to tell anybody else is friendly or foe when the led is flying and life and death decisions are made in split seconds ?

after giving this some thought I personally think that someone in the Army should be notified of this incident, even if it may create some rough roads ahead in our hobby, because if the brass is alerted now that there may be a problem with the training our troops are receiving in recognizing our own forces then it may (in theory) help save lives in the future.

Why spend all of that money on uniforms if the average soldier cant tell who is who ?

Just a thought....

bonshawman

Although accurate regarding the current uniforms, the result in the unknowing eye of the public is that they construe that it is active military. They don't know the difference, and hence the issue (I guess....). But I guess the ARMY knows the difference.

Kind of like someone with a fake badge and the wrong shirt that says "police" that impersonates - the result to the unknowing victim is they THOUGHT it was a real police officer. People down here use badges with "security" on them and people mistake them for cops (guess they can't read).

In this case, I see no harm either way, but obviously someone got their pants in a bunch....

Thanks for clearing it up.

beaubeau

N1265

:ditto: N1265. It is scary to think what can happen in this country! On another note, That is a good looking HV!! I was just thinking how much it cost us as citizens to rebuild or restore these MV's as compaired to the cost WE pay for the Govt. to Rebuild the same vehicles!!?? :cookoo:

bonshawman

RE: N1265

Look at purchase price, too !
My 2005 LSSV ambulance had a price tag to the GOVT from AM General of 98,000.
My price was 30,000 (brand new with warranty and manufacturer's Cert of Origin) at a GM dealership.
Wow...there is something wrong somewhere !

For a dually 1 ton 4x4 diesel automatic w/A/C, cruise, tilt, CD player, let alone the value of the ambulance body all insulated w/A/C and heat. Good price.

The only thing AM General did, while leaving in all the goodies I mentioned, was remove the 6-way power seat that came with the original chassis....

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, the Air Force and Air National Guard have not made the uniform transition from the old woodland BDUs yet. The woodland BDU, (or "ABU" rather), is authorized until late 2011.

I doubt whether most civilians really follow the uniform regulations of the various branches of the service. That would be odd. I still hear people ask what the difference between the Army and the Marine Corps is. People can tell you who got voted off an island on TV, but have no idea what is going on in the middle east right now. I don't expect that to improve in the immediate future, either.

That new-looking HMMWV is just going to look like an active M-V for a while. You're going to get that, "WTF???" from people. As long as you have a plan, it'll just be part of the joy of parading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks