• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling All Cars! Need as much info as I can get on MP Humvees.

signsup

Ft. Gordon in Augusta, GA is soon to become Ft Eisenhower and representatives of the family will be at a ceremony in October of this year and they have reached out to the GA MVPA for a MP Humvee as Ft. Gordon was home to an MP training command and this will be a static display during this event. May or may not be correct, but I have a blank canvas M998 soft top camo that is a recent addition to the motor pool and is in line for paint and cosmentics.
I will work on getting unit numbers, but I'm at a loss as to any other markings or equiptment that would be typical for a stateside MP Humvee. Sirens? Red Lights? Radios? etc.
Any info, direction, photos, etc., would be greatly appreciated. I've got two months to complete the M998, but the sooner I can start gathering info and prts, the more comfortable we can make the staff at Ft. Eisenhower. And, of course, this would be an Army MP vehicle, not USMC, USAF, or USN.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last MP HMMWVs I was really familiar with were new M1151 up armored gun trucks. They had the standard chicken plate. They did have 2x smoke grenade launchers on opposing corners, I want to say TC front and driver's pasenger rear. They also had an additional antenna, but I don't know what radio it was hooked up to. This was also... 2008-2009.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks