• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling All Gauge Inthusiasts

kaiser2help

My 5 ton has a LDS 465- 1A. Could someone tell me good locations for the boost gauge. That plug that is near my flame manifold heater looks like a good spot. How would the hole in the air breather elbow work? I do not have a filter indicator gauge currently in use so the opening is free to use.Any suggestions would be great help.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like my gauges, when you are out on the road they keep you informed and give you a sense of security, the more the better.
The boost gauge is a useful trouble shooting tool by itself, the boost follows the EGT mostly.
Plumb it to the the 1/8 NPT port on the intake manifold adapter.
A gauge on the filter canister/elbow will tell you how "dirty" the fiilter is and will show a vacuum. If the filter restriction indicator was calibrated it would be a vacuum gauge.

kaiser2help

Yes I am also installing a Pyro. I was just wondering if there was a specific area that guys were using to install their boost gauge? So I guess I will ue the 1/8 inch tapping near the flame starter for the boost gauge. And the tapping in the air intake elbowfor the air filter indicator gauge. Sounds like a good configuration. If someone else has any input I would appreciate the help. Thank you all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks