• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling all MA deuce owners, what's up with your insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHASFIP

Well like someone previously said, try State Farm. I don't live there any more, nor did we have any out of the ordinary vehicles but we had them when we lived there. Insurance on the Deuce through them is only 3.67$ a month. And that has no stipulations. They have pictures of the truck including the data plate. They are well aware of the size and weight as they have seen it in person. It is currently registered as a "Texas Military Vehicle" but they didn't even ask about that. It is soon to be registered as a pick up so there won't be any parade/ public interest stipulations. Good luck.

D

BEASTMASTER

hey guy, naext time i see the guy down the street, i'll ask him who he has his tractor with, and i'll let you know. i'll be out with the beast sun and drop by if you're home.

Engine5

I agree with Saquishmike, the girl I do business with told me the same thing. Over 10,000 it's a whole different ball game. I tried the antique angle. She said no dice.

I have a 64 M54A2 5 ton reg in Mass as a camper. I have a small sink ,porta potty and fold down bed in the back to be legal. NO CDL or dot inspection on campers is also a plus. Insurance was not a problem with camper plates.

fabiodriven

I have a 64 M54A2 5 ton reg in Mass as a camper. I have a small sink ,porta potty and fold down bed in the back to be legal. NO CDL or dot inspection on campers is also a plus. Insurance was not a problem with camper plates.
I was thinking of going the camper route. Who is to say if it's a camper or not? If I just make a little room in the back, will that be a camper? Do I need a toilet and a bed?

Mauro

Hi Guys - My wife works for an Insurance Co in MA. Anything over 10,000 lbs would consider other than a Private Passenger Vehicle so therefore to our knowledge at this time it would have to be written as a Commercial Auto Policy which is what I have done - we have been unable to get around that. I did however get around the Commercial plate which the registration fees would have been based on weight. Due to the year and my DD214 - I was able to get Veterans plate on it. Because of the weight factor we where unable to get Antique plates as they apply to Private Passenger Autos. It is insured with Commerce Insurance Company, Webster, MA - it runs me a little over $800.00 a year that does not include collision or comprehensive. My wife is still trying to do more research on this matter. She tried to work with our agent to push thru under a antique policy but again the weight factor will not allow it. As new insurance are coming to MA there maybe other possibilities in the future. Hope this info helps. We will keep all you MA MV owners informed if we find out anything more,

roscoe

I'm not in MA, but here in Indiana I have a GMC Topkick dump with about the same GVWR as a Duece (still waiting on EU for mine) and the comercial insurance isn't that bad <700/yr. State Farm. I would think it could be less depending on your use.

fabiodriven

Hi Guys - My wife works for an Insurance Co in MA. Anything over 10,000 lbs would consider other than a Private Passenger Vehicle so therefore to our knowledge at this time it would have to be written as a Commercial Auto Policy which is what I have done - we have been unable to get around that. I did however get around the Commercial plate which the registration fees would have been based on weight. Due to the year and my DD214 - I was able to get Veterans plate on it. Because of the weight factor we where unable to get Antique plates as they apply to Private Passenger Autos. It is insured with Commerce Insurance Company, Webster, MA - it runs me a little over $800.00 a year that does not include collision or comprehensive. My wife is still trying to do more research on this matter. She tried to work with our agent to push thru under a antique policy but again the weight factor will not allow it. As new insurance are coming to MA there maybe other possibilities in the future. Hope this info helps. We will keep all you MA MV owners informed if we find out anything more,
That don't sound half bad, Mauro. Thanks alot for the info. I too am a vet and would actually prefer to have vet plates. I'll be in touch with you, thanks alot!

Actually, now that I think of it, I wonder if I could transfer my car plates over?

mowerman

just got my bobbed deuce insured thru state farm for $64.00 a year on 4b registration. i told them i planned on using it parades and general hauling with some plowing. try them.

jdoktor83

wow, just read this thread about my wonderful mass. I am in the process of trying to get a m35a3 and am now scared of
what Im going to have to go through. I guess the antique plates are out of the question. Oh and where are all the
dueces in western ma. Your all out east.

ncpamlicoboy

I don’t know it this will help at all but I am going threw all the same stuff in NC with my deuce. I have been looking into registering my deuce as farm truck and found that the quotes are about half the price of the commercial insurance. I still haven’t decided exactly what I am going to do yet since I am bobbing my deuce but I just thought I would throw that out there. Hope this helps.

KRaiskio

My hardest part was the registry. They for some reason didnt want to honor a Gov title. Leave it to Ma to not trust the people above them. I have Commercial plates and ins. But I use it alot for my buisiness and plan on putting a plow on it. Commercial plates are by the 1000 of lbs though. I have my ins through safety w a commercial policy. Its a bit more but dont want to have any issues cause I drive it often

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks